HI. hello! welcome!
i am alexi.
here's the gist of me in 12 facts...
1) my favorite food is cheese. yep, cheese.
2) i get excited about HOTELS, when my mom comes over, the sun!, cool-looking clouds, fridays, FOOD (oh man, food), adventures with friends, dates with my man, watchin a movie during a thunderstorm. you know. the good stuff of life.
3) Jesus is the dearest thing in all the world to me. He is my constant companion, my home, my love, my sweet comforter, my heart's greatest delight. i want to be with Him, want to be like Him, want to constantly know Him. His love and grace are the life in my chest.
4) speaking of wanting to be like Him... i'm not. there's a lot in my heart that needs to change. but i'm super thankful that God is always workin on me, never giving up on me. a slow, lifelong partnership with Him- learning from Him, watching Him closely, and letting Him change me.
5) i want to express enthusiasm about things like phoebe buffet from friends!
6) i am married to a man named francis. this is new for me! i've never been married before, never lived with a boy who's not my dad! so i'm learning all the time! discovering more about who francis is and i love what i'm learning. he is such a beautiful person. i love to kiss him all over his face and i love walking with him and eating with him and talking with him and waking up with him. he is my favorite! world's greatest.
7) francis and i are watching through downton abbey and i'm so excited for the movie to come out in theaters this fall!! we're into it.
8) i have beautiful friends. and when i say beautiful, i mean my friends are the most exceptional, stunning humans, with constant and overflowing love & grace in their hearts. you guys wouldn't believe the humans i know. like one time, my friend, vic, sent me a mini bonsai tree in the mail! just because!
9) i got my undergrad in psychology at the university of wisconsin- eau claire, and they were the four most transformative years of my life.
10) the book i'm reading is liturgy of the ordinary by tish harrison warren. it's been blessing me so much!
11) francis and i are apart of a beautiful church. it's so refreshing and welcoming and we love it a lot.
12) i have a pair of yellow sneaks and they may be the best thing i own. (at least the best pair of shoes by far!) they are so cool.
what you've stumbled upon is a sort of online journal, a place i use to savor and enjoy and ponder and question and reflect. over the years it's become quite dear to me, like a little internet home to hang my hat! i really really enjoy cultivating this space and making it something i find beautiful and authentic and celebratory.. my own kind of art.. and i'd do it if zero people popped by or a hundred. but here you are and i can't believe it! thanks for being here! i sincerely hope some part of what i have to say might resonate with you.
if you're ever in the twin cities, i'd love to buy ya a coffee. you're dearly loved!