but in the meantime, SNACKS! and i thought since i haven't blogged in a while, mostly because i haven't had many strokes of inspiration, and since i'm currently listening to julia child's BEAUTIFUL audiobook, my life in france, which always makes me hungry and makes me want to be like julia, i want to share my favorite snacks with you! so basically this has the potential to be the dullest post you've ever read.
i've always gone through phases when it comes to food (my friends in college can attest), i'd eat the same thing every day... like oatmeal packets every morning and chicken terryaki bowls for lunch, and then i had a greek yogurt phase and big salad phase, and popcorn's pretty much always been a phase... even when i was a kid, i went through a honeycomb cereal phase for at least a month, eating it every morning for breakfast. anyway, here's a list of my snack phase right now. maybe it will give you a little inspiration for your snack rut. (: i've had to be a bit more creative these days because i've said goodbye to added sugar for a little while, so that's why yogurt and ice cream and all that stuff i love isn't on here.
1) SMOKED GOUDA FLAVORED TRISCUITS. (if you don't like gouda cheese, don't buy these.)
2) carrots with guacamole. sounds kind of odd, but it's SO good. you could make your own guac, but it's fun to buy it done for you (:, especially when there are chunks of tomato in it!
3) toast! especially with butter and honey!
4) avocado halves with salt and pepper! i think i might be a tiny bit allergic to avocados because my throat gets tingly when i eat em, but that's not stoppin me!
5) BRUSSEL BYTES! oh my gosh. kinda pricey, but dang. they're available at target in the diva health food section of the chips aisle. (;
6) popcorn. especially the boom chicka pop brand, and trader joe's also has some super good herb/spice flavored popcorn.
7) sometimes drinks can be a snack! i really like ginger kombucha and i looove califia's cold brew coffee with almond milk (no sugar, and surprisingly SO GOOD. i've tried to recreate it and it just isn't the same!).
that's all i can think of for now. THANKS, GOD, FOR FOOD!
happy snackin! now i'll just have to find a way to kill another hour... come on, chicken!