here is a list of random things i am thinking about today, for your amusement/boredom/curiosity . . .
- this morning i read the story of Jesus getting down to the ground to wash His disciples' feet and i was just shocked. He's so humble. especially in light of Christmas, the vulnerability from the beginning of His life on earth to the end is so shocking and beautiful i can't stand it.
- then i read the verse that says something like "they will know you are my disciples by the way you love each other" and i asked Him that i might learn to serve like Him and be humbled today, which sounds super holy but then i got to work and right away a kiddo had a fistful of poop in his hand with a smile and i think sometimes God is funny (: haha, not that God is like that, but hey, i did ask to be humbled.
- i think my coworker kassy is sarah's "secret snowflake" but that tricky possum might be messing with me and leading me to believe she is when she's not... i also think i figured out who everybody has because i like to figure that kind of thing out. maybe i'm the tricky possum... plot twist.
- my roommate alyssa and i exchanged little gifties for each other tonight and she gave me the most beautiful mittens! i was really wanting a good pair of mittens for winter too and i'm so grateful! she also gave me a candle that smells SO good, i'm smelling it right now as i type this and it smells like tea so i made myself some tea.
- googled the difference between gloves and mittens because honestly, i never know. well. now i do. they're mittens i got. yep.
- my boyfriend francis almost got me pumpkin pie filling for christmas and that fact made me like him even more, ha! whatta weirdo. also i didn't have to say "my boyfriend francis," i could've just said "francis," but i'm just real glad we're dating and it feels real special to call him my boyfriend (: he's my boyfriend. francis. my boyfriend.
- i painted my nails tonight and i don't usually paint my nails and now i feel like a fancy lady. like i should have a british accent or something.. like you do.. when you're fancy.
- i think my favorite christmas song is "oh holy night" for the lyrics. but also i'm really into this christmas song by josh garrels lately.
that's it. that's all.
haha, life's fun sometimes.